What’s great about the Garmin Approach G8 Golf Course GPS?
There really isn’t a lot that the Garmin Approach G8 GPS doesn’t do, and in terms of giving you all the information you need to become the best on your course, this is certainly one of the best golf GPS products available today. Compatible with iPhone 4 upwards, you can go one step further with your information and updates, giving you access to a much improved game as a result.
The product itself looks like a smartphone and has a color display, with easy to read numbers when you are pre-occupied on your shot. The GPS is also very lightweight and extremely easy to use on the go. You only have to check out golf GPS rangefinder reviews and you will find this one constantly getting five stars and top comments.
- Looks like a smartphone and has a color display for easy use
- Gives accurate distances to shots, adjusting to uphill or downhill
- Works hand in hand with iPhone 4 upwards to give notifications and alerts directly to your phone, and you can connect to the golfing community online where you can compare and share your results
- Our Advice feature holds information how far you hit with each club, and then gives recommendations on which club to use in the future based on your results
- Pinpointer feature gives you assistance on blind shots, pointing you in the right direction
- Display gives information on arcs at 100, 150, 200, and par 5s
- Display gives information on 250 yards from the pin
- Can be customized according to the course and your ability
Ease of Use
This particular product is certainly packed with features, but despite that, it is very easy to use. If you have an iPhone model which is 4 upwards then you can pair the GPS with your phone and receive alerts, notifications, and texts, and you can log on to the Garmin online community to share and compare your results and opinions too. The colour display makes this is a very simple product to use whilst you’re on the green, and the font can be increased if you want to simply glance at figures whilst lining up your shot.
Golf GPS rangefinder reviews regularly stand this product as five star, and it is probably down to the sheer number of features that it boasts. The product is lightweight, at just 4oz, so it is easy to slip into a pocket, without any fuss, however you should check regarding its possible usage during tournaments, due to the adjustable uphill and downhill target distances which the product calculates.
You can see the Garmin Approach G8’s great range of features in the video below.
- If you don’t have an iPhone of model 4 upwards, you could be missing out on some extra features
- Despite the positive golf GPS rangefinder reviews, users do state that there are so many features on this product that it can be difficult to make optimum use of them all.
This is certainly one of the best golf GPS products on the market today, and it is packed with features to help you play better and further improve your game. Check out the current golf GPS rangefinder reviews and you will certainly find this Garmin Approach G8 model in there.
The GPS actually looks a lot like a smartphone, and it has a bright color display which is easy to use. The font can be increased if you want to simply check figures out whilst you’re on the go, and you can customize your home screen to give you the information you need much faster. The product can also give you the distance to targets and adjust it to both uphill and downhill shots – this is a feature which many similar products don’t have.
You can pair your GPS with your iPhone, model 4 and later, and this will give you emails, text, and alerts to further enhance your experience, however if you don’t have an iPhone, you could be missing out. Having said that, you can log onto the Garmin online community and share your results and connect with other users. Another feature is Our Advice, and this records the distance you hit shots with each club, and from that it gives you suggestions on which club to use in the future. There is also the Pinpointer feature, which helps give you information on blind shots, to make your game more accurate when visibility is impaired.
At just 4oz this is one of the best golf GPS choices around, and also updates information on each course when it is connected to Wi-Fi, with no subscription required.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Read our guide to finding the best golf GPS to read about other golf watches and GPS rangefinders.